Monday, October 18, 2010

The Proudest Days of my Life

NEBRASKA


I was just looking at some old pics on Facebook instead of doing homework, like I usually do, and I came across some mission pics. I've seen them all before, but for some reason this time I stopped for a minute. I couldn't stop looking at my name tag. So I reached onto my shelf where I keep one of my old tags, and held it in my hand for a minute.
Sister Quirk
The Church of
Jesus Christ
of Latter-Day Saints

That name tag symbolized a year and a half of the most difficult hearbreak and the most glorious rejoicing. That name tag is a symbol of Michelle, Ashley, Bobbie, Brenda, Andy, Matthew, Darcy, JR, and lists upon lists of names of those I was so privileged to serve. It is a symbol of those I served with, the Elders who became my brothers and the Sisters who, well, I guess the name fits. :)

Thank you God for sending me to Nebraska. I hope only that I was half the blessing to them that they were to me, and continue to be every day.
Sometimes  look at these pictures and I wonder, "Did that really happen?"  It seems almost like a dream,
until I thinkof Sis. Hall, Sis. Moore, Sis. Page, Sis. Zitting, Sis Lamplugh, Elder Moore, Elder Troxell, Elder Harper, Elder Soelberg and I know that they were no dreams. They are my best friends and my brothers.
And the storms there were no dreams. I can't dream lighting that rattles the window panes or wind that seems to pass thru you like you're a chain link fence.

And the Spirit of God, like a fire is burning. That was no dream.



Thank you God, for giving Nebraska to me.
Alma 26: 8-12, 16

1 comment:

  1. Way to almost make me cry, Meagan! :) I love this post -- Thank you for sharing it. And I love you!

    ReplyDelete