Friday, July 8, 2011

You Changed My Heart from Black to Gold


I looked at him and for a moment I thought I would. 
His black eyes and his hard face matched his black heart and hard hands, and his half smile took the anger in my heart and matched it like a like the king and queen of clubs.  When I’d take his hand I could feel the power of that black beating heart running like a swollen river over rapids, and it gave voice to my own anger.  I knew his kiss would taste like vodka; sharp and startling and intoxicating. I knew the roughness of his skin without having yet touched it; I knew also he would turn my eyes black, like his. He opened his door and held out his hand, and my eyes started to change.
But then on the wind, I heard it. The wind called my name in the way only music can. The music told me about a world away from this one; I’d forgotten. I turned away from the darkness of his room and faced the moonlight. My heart began to beat silver, then gold. As the music played, the moonlight became sunlight, and I heard your voice. Just you voice, and my heart began to beat gold and shine.
My God, how could I have ever doubted? I’m in love with you! It’s like being in love with a star; loving someone you have never met; but when I meet you, I’ll know you. It will be like the day I realized the wind- I saw that really, it had been there all along. I’ll recognize the color of your eyes; and when I see them my eyes will spill gold light to match the color of in my heart.



I love you I love you, and I will never forget you again. I will keep looking for you the way I know you are looking for me, and the love and light will beat the anger and darkness in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment