Saturday, July 9, 2011

Still lookin'...

Two of my friends from high school got married last week. That in itself is nothing new. My friends from high school were getting married as soon as we were graduated.  The happy couple we shall name Jacob and Annie, just to protect their privacy. They are both great people and I love them both to pieces. So what is this twinge I feel knowing that they are married? Jealousy? Probably, but not the conventional kind.
In high school Jacob and I had a little fling which was headed for a cutesy little high school romance; He had asked me out when I was a freshman and, being a good little Mormon 15 year old, I said ‘no’ although I really wanted to say ‘YES!’  And three years late when we were both Seniors, I offered him a ride home and we ended up cuddling on his couch. So we got a little cutsey and stuff but he went away to Vegas on some kind of school trip where he met miss Annie. And they got to smooching and lovin’… leaving me feeling  a little miffed, a little cheated,  but I got over it pretty quick.
I guess if you gotta lose a man, it’s best to lose him to ‘the one’.
So am I jealous? Not of Annie, but of the two of them. They found love so quickly, so easily it seems. And here I am, traveling all over the country, thinking to myself, “Oh, he’ll be here,” or “Maybe he’ll be there.” But six years later he still hasn’t turned up.
But I haven’t given up just yet.


2 comments:

  1. Maybe you'll step into an elevator and meet him there! You never know! Trust me, it will probably be in a place where you are not looking. That just makes it all the better though... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. meganna
    no worries. i am married and still look at the super young and think "yea you're 18 and married the first boy you had a crush on." groovy. (p.s.-i was 21 when i got married) Sounds to me like you're still living your life as active as possible.soo continue doing that until you find someone who you are willing to sniff his dirty clothes to see if they are really clean for laundering,excited to cook nonstop, and listen to Laughy Taffy jokes daily. If you're not excited about doing all that with a crush, then toss him to the woods.
    Love
    Your cousin jessica

    ReplyDelete