Tuesday, March 15, 2011

What's cookin' good lookin'?

I love to cook. I am not terribly good at it, but I do like it quite a lot and I especially like trying new things, like;


RADISH AND AVOCADO SANDWICH

mmmmm this is tasty

Thinly sliced large radishes, tossed in extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice and coarse salt. (I'm going to use kosher salt, since it is the best.) Mash fresh avocado on to lightly toasted wheat bread, then layer the sliced radishes. Sprinkle with fresh ground pepper.
Does anyone have a good idea what else to put on it? It's delicious, but it's missing something...

And here is deliciousness #2:
CABBAGE AND GREEN APPLE SALAD
 
4 cups shredded cabbage
2 green apples, matchstick cut
1/2 cup plain greek yogurt                                  
1 finely chopped red chile
1 T cider vinegar
1 T minced ginger
1 tsp toasted mustard or sesame seed
1 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp toasted cumin seed
optional shaved radishes



Try them out and tell me what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment