Monday, March 21, 2011

That's that.

You ever had a serious fight with a friend?  I just had one. I thought when it was all over I’d feel like a disgusting little swamp creature, but I don’t. I did everything I could. To make a long story short, I’ll never fight with that friend again. It’s the first time I’ve actually cut someone off. I hate it. The thought of cutting this person off made me feel like a monster. Some people make it look so easy. Just erase their number, block their calls and that’s the end of it, and that’s that. How can people do it so easily? Toss people aside like they’re a pair of old socks. I wish this was easy. It’s hell.
I have this idea, which probably is the root of many problems really, which tells me that God puts people into my life. When someone comes into my life, I feel that they have been put there for me to take care of. I don’t always do the greatest job, but that doesn’t stop me from trying.
But this person was not going to let me help them. They were just hurting themselves and hurting me and the more I tried to fix it, the more hurting and yelling and fighting went on. I really did not know what the right thing to do was.
So I talked to the most reasonable person I know; my friend Michael.  I explained things to him, and he’s the one who convinced me that I would not be a monster for ending my relationship with this friend permanently.
Maybe I should have prayed or something, but …
I hope that one day my friend believes me that I cut them off because I am convinced it is the best thing to do~ The best way to be their friend. I am so terribly sorry that it came to this.
And that’s that.

No comments:

Post a Comment