Sunday, October 21, 2012

Dracula 1931 - Spanish! Did you know!?

Anyone who knows me know that I am DEVOTED to Bela Lugosi and the 1931 version of Dracula. But very few people are even aware that a second version of Dracula was filmed at the same time! Altho it is barely known, this version of Dracula is actually superior to the one that I laud in several scenes. I think that the Spanish version is cinematically superior, and I even favor a few actors altogether! If I could merge the two films, I'm sure I could get a classic we'd still watch around Halloween today! (I mean other than people like me who are huge nerds when it comes to classic horror films)
I'd keep Bela Lugosi as Dracula (of course),  Dwight Frye as Refield, Edward Van Sloan as Dr. Van Helsing, change the language to my far more beautiful English, and keep the rest of the movie in the Spanish version! Watch it and see what you think! (Oh yeah- and I'd keep the original names from the novel. I never got why they changed that.)




No comments:

Post a Comment