Sunday, May 22, 2011

First Impressions of a Potential Adventure


The whole way up to Wyoming I was praying, "Please dear God, let this Jeep get me where I'm going."  I would like to aknowldge that as a prayer perfectly answered.
In Elko I even had a small adventure which had me sleeping in the back of said Jeep. Jeep is taking good care of me. But I haven't got a name for it yet. Any ideas? Keep in mind that this is a MAN jeep, not a WOMAN jeep, so it has to be named something like Butch and not Princess.
My first impressions of Paradise Ranch was something like "WTF it is freezing here." I had wisely been keeping tabs on the temperature of Buffalo for some time, but what I did not know is that Paradise Ranch is in the tops of the freaking mountains. Aren't most ranches in valleys? It's a steady 10*s lower than Buffalo here. So I was freezing to death, but I had been very careful to prepare to make a solid first impression on my new psuedo-family. My hair was perfectly curled, and my clothes were decidedly not cowboy/rugged mountain wear. I don't have to fit into a mold, no matter where I go. I'll earn my stripes along with everyone else, and I won't look like a man while doing it. As fate would have it, I arrived at Paradise right on time for dinner, so I got to meet the crew right off. A lot of the wranglers were there, tho I'm still having trouble putting names and faces together. Most workers here are from Wyoming, but a few of us come from quite a variety of places. My roommate Mary (whom I love and adore) is from Georgia. We help each other to not eat too much, make sure all the girls have friends, and decide what sexy undewear to buy from Walmart. We also started having Bible Study as of tonight, because we are trying hard to be good, God-fearing folk.
It's late, and I've got a full day of work ahead of me. Goodnight for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment