Friday, April 15, 2011

Just me thinking out loud.

I – honestly- I feel like I should be ashamed of wanting something different, something more. What’s wrong with your world, Meagan? Your world of ponytails and strawberries is a happy one, a pretty one. Why are you looking outside the door, there’s naught out there but that’ll bite you. I can’t help but wonder.
Yesterday I rode my horse bareback around the 40. I walked him a long while, but soon I was bored, and I knew that he was bored, too. I kicked him into a trot, and then into a canter. It scared me a little- it’s hard to stay on a trotting horse without a saddle. The second time around, he knew I was going to go fast again, and he was excited. He didn’t want to canter this time- he ran. It was thrilling and frightening.  No saddle, fistfuls of mane thru my fingers, my horse running, running a little out of control. I knew I could fall to the ground with any false step, break my arm or my ribs, but that just made it so much more thrilling. The weather was stormy and the rain and wind whipped thru my hair…  I’ve been told in heaven there is no pain, no danger. But then we would never run the risk of them- in heaven there is no thrill, no adventure. What kind of a life would that be?

No comments:

Post a Comment