Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Hot and Spicy

Went on another hike today. Hiked up a mountain for a good what, two-three hours, mostly through snow or deep mud. It was so much fun. We didn't actually know that we were going to be hiking when we al bundled off into the vans, but I suspect that this was part of Kristi and Nate's secret winter survival platform. So up the mountain I went, in my waterproof-but-definately-not-hiking boots. On the way up the snow was hard-packed and very icy, which is not very fun for snowball fights. I was very tempted to throw a few anyhow, but decided to refrain until we started back down. We were going to hike to 'the caves' but after about two hours the students rebelled against the leaders and we started back down.
I was excited because now I was hoping to start a snowball fight. Sadly, I had recently relinquished my rights to hit Nathan because he had forced me into a truce earlier that morning. So I threw a few a Moe and Kenyan, which was pretty fun until Kenyan ambushed me. Then I made the grave mistake of hitting Scott. He tackled my down into the snow, and got snow all in my ears and down my neck. And I was forced to flee down the mountainside to escape his wrath. I literally ran down 3/4 of the entire muddy, slippery, slushy mountain. It was very intense.
I can't believe that I made it down an entire mountainside without falling but later that day I was running across a stupid FIELD and I ate it so bad. I hit the ground and rolled! Chase did too, tho, so I don't feel TOO stupid.
Later that day, still covered in mud from my recent tumble in the mud, we took a little trip into Broulims. I was pretty hungry and as I looked around, just about everything looked tasty. I decided to buy some cheezits. Hot and Spicy kind. Along came Nathan. He decided to buy some cheezits too.
"I'll think I'll get the plain ol' plain kind," he said, "'Cause I'm a plain kinda guy."
Which I suppose makes me Hot and Spicy. Even covered in mud. Oh yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment