Friday, February 18, 2011

Roll the Dice

I swear, life is just a roll of dice. Luck is up, then luck is down, then suddenly I'm rolling my lucky 7's again. Then sometimes in a strange twist of events, your luck is both up and down. Such a twist has currently landed me in the Reno/Tahoe Airport, waiting to hop on a plane to Salt Lake City, then rent a car to drive through Wyoming and back to my darling Nebraska.
The bad news first; the father of a family I knew in tiny O'Neill, NE has tragically killed himself, and I am going to his funeral to support and comfort his wife and three children.  I could not think of a sadder reason to go back.
But I am going back, nonetheless! I have not set foot in O'Neill for two years now, and I know I will find it quite changed. I won't recognize many of the kids I'm sure! O'Neill has a special place in my heart. And since I'll be in NE, which is not something I bank on happening very often, I'm going to see if I can jet down to Lincoln for a day, which would be awesome, but I have to be careful just because of a delicate history I have with one of that city's inhabitants.
Isn't is funny tho, that just the other day I was missing Lincoln, with no prospect of seeing it any time in the near future whatsoever, and today I am sitting and waiting for a plane, headed that way.
Keep the dice rolling! Up or down, this roller coaster is usually fun, and never a dull moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment